Abrasive belt (narrow, wide)
Belts are most common product of all abrasive materials. They are essential tool in all industry branches.
They vary depending on type of backing:
- Belts with paper backing, grits 24-1200
- Belts with cloth backing, grits 16-2500
- Webrax belts, grits coarse, medium, fine, very fine
Felt polishing belts – for polishing without abrasives.
Belts with paper backing are available in different thickness of paper depending of application:
- A, B, C backing – sheets, rolls
- D backing – used for beltsin finer grits
- E backing – used at normal working conditions while grinding
- F backing – used at heavy working conditions
- G backing – used at most heavy and demanding working conditions
Belts with cloth backing vary depending on strength of cloth, purpose and flexibility:
- YR extremely strong synthetic cloth „stitch bonded“, waterproof
- Z very strong synthetic cloth, waterproof
- YX strong cloth mix polyester + cloth (polycotton), waterproof
- Y strong semi solid synthetic cloth, waterproof
- X strong, semiflexibile
- X-flex strong, flexible
- J light flexible
- J-flex light very flexible
- J-flex-W light extra flexible
Regarding the type of grain belt vary depending of application:
- Al.oxide – very strong grain. The main purpose is for grinding wood, steel and stainless steel. It is usually red colour. It is available in grits P12-800.
- Zyrkon – tougher grain than al.oxide and it is usually produced in combination with al.oxide grain. The most common application is in grinding stainless steel. It is very good in grinding aluminium castings. Mixture of al.oxide and zyrkon grain gives great results with excellent grinding performances, very good resistance of clogging and gluing dust. These performances come to the fore especially while grinding leather. That is why in leather industry we often find materials with zyrkon grain. These materials are usually blue colour.
- SiC – silicon carbide – very hard and sharp grain so the most common application is with very hard materials such as glass, ceramic, stone, marble etc. It is also used in finer grits in process of grinding and pre polishing stainless steel. These kind of materials are usually black colour.
- Ceramic grain CERAMIT – is the hardest grain with highest resistance of consumption. This grain is used for grinding very hard materials such as tool steel and titanium. In practice is increasingly getting applied for finishing on stainless steel and also aluminium.
While making belt it is essential to choose the right type of joint.
Type of joint for narrow and wide belts
All belts are custom made and they are produced by customer specification. We use materials from world known producers: HERMES, VSM, KLINGSPOR, 3M
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR CARPENTER BELT GRINDERS
They are used in wood industry and carpenter workshops. Also they are used for grinding stainless steel.
ABRASIVE BELT FOR CYLINDRIC CONTACT GRINDERS
They are used in wood industry and carpenter workshops. They are used also in metal industry for grinding metal sheets, cubical tubes etc.
The most common use is on wide angled machines(Heesemann, Buttfering, Chefla, CMS, Houfek, Weber).
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR STEEL AND WOOD
They are produced in various cloth backing.
Grain is aluminium-oxide.
They are produced in widths from 15-300mm, length500-10 000mm.
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR STAINLESS STEEL AND ALUMINIUM
Belts for stainless steel are made on various cloth backing. Grain is zyrkon.
Depending on application part of zyrkon can be bigger or smaller.
Mixture of zyrkon and aluminium oxide grain is the best option for grinding aluminium.
Different height and form of grain allows simple and fast processing of aluminium without clogging.
Belts are produced in all dimensions.
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR GLASS, STONE, MARBLE
Grain is SIC – silicon carbide with waterproof cloth backing.
They are produced in widths from 15-300mm, length500-10 000mm.
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR SATIN FINISH – WEBRAX
The most common use is for processing stainless steel materials for satin finish results.
Abrasive belt WEBRAX MSG in grit P400 is used for waxing, i.e. applying wax on skies (used on machines MONTANA, WINTERSTEIGER, etc.)
These belt are produced in all widths as narrow and wide belts from 6-16000mm, length 100-10 000mm.
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR SMALL „DYNAFILE“AIR AND ELECTRIC TOOLS
These belts are produced from all types of abrasive materials and WEBRAX (scotch-brite) material. Most common they are used for taking off sharp edges in aluminium foundries, in metal industry for finishing, in workshops for preparing the tools, for finishing of stainless steel etc. The best known producers of tools are Dynabrade, Fein, Makita, Bosch, Metabo, Pferd, Chicago pneumatic, Rodcraft and others.
Belts are produced in width from 3-50mm, length 150-940mm.
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR PARQUET SANDERS (Lagler-Hummel, Janser, Klindex, Kunzel&Tasin…)
They are produced in two different materials:
RB 480 YX – zyrkon
RB 320X – al oxide
Main dimensions are:
ABRASIVE BELTS FOR HOBBY TOOLS (Makita, Bosch, Metabo, Einhell, Iskra, Black&Decker, Skil, AEG, Elu,Hitachi, DeWalt, Festool)
We can produce this belt in all dimensions and all grits P40-400
ABRASIVE BELTS ON FILM FOR HIGH GLOSS FINISH
Belts with film backing are irreplaceable for transversal grinding of MDF sheets for high gloss finishing.
The same material is also irreplaceable for “superfinish” grinding for some parts of motor such as crankshafts, camshafts, bearing etc.
ABRASIVE BELTS WITH FLEXIBILE BACKING
These belts are used for profile grinding of wood, various aluminium and steel drip-molding and also for processing stainless steel. Almost always they are present in medical industry for processing implant, medical instruments, in producing turbine blade etc.
Depending of application grain can be al-oxide, zyrkon, SIC, ceramic
Belts are produced in all dimensions, width from 10-300mm, length 150-10 000mm
AGGLOMERATE ABRASIVE BELTS (HERMESIT, MERCURIT)
They are used for grinding round and cubic stainless steel tubes (BOSSI, LOESER). Also they give very good results for wire grinding on KOCH or MF- Mario Fragerio lines.
FELT BELTS FOR POLISHING
The most common usage is for polishing of stainless steel and coloured metals. While polishing it is required to add polishing paste.
It is possible that belts are already impregnated with polishing paste. They are used for dry polishing – manual or machined.
These belts are without abrasives.
Trizact belts are used for finishing stainless steel materials, for making and grinding hunters, butchers and other types of knives. The best advantage if trizact belts is ability to come to finishing phase of polishing in only few steps. With conventional belts we have to grind in at least twice more stages.
|Trizact grain||A 160||A 100||A 65||A 45||A 30||A 16||A 6|
|Conventional grain||P 100||P 150||P 220||P320||P600||P 1200||P 3000|
Graphite rolls with its grease improves sliding properties of belts. According to that fact they reduce friction and warming of belts and items being processed.
Most often it is placed on “slippers” on contact and carpenter belt grinders and in all other grinders where grinding is done on some kind of base.
To achieve softer lift, it is possible to place foam or felt between the base and graphite roll, usually 5 or 10mm thick.
Standard width is 150 or 200mm.
Usually delivers in form of roll in meters.